Please Let Me Wonder

25 January 2006

A View From My Window

I will interrupt the recap of activities in Ghent to show you how things look out my window in Graz, Austria:

The mountain (more of a hill) in the top center of the photo is Schlossberg, which (I am told) once held a castle upon it, but now only holds the remains. Apparently, after Napoleon was unable to conquer it, he decided to burn it.

I am staying in my own room on the 18th floor of an 18 story high-rise apartment building in Graz. I share a suite with 4 Austrians, 3 male and 1 female, who have been quite welcoming and helped me immensely in moving in and adjusting to my new living conditions. At some point, I will post pictures of the inside of the suite, and possibly photos of my suite mates if I can get them to pose for one.

2 Comments:

  • ScottyB
    have you climbed the big hill yet? What a great place to camp - somewhere that napolean burned down! Awesome history.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25 January, 2006 21:54  

  • I haven't climbed it yet, but hopefully this weekend I can do some sightseeing. Yeah, that Napoleon dude was something else...

    By Blogger ScottyB, at 26 January, 2006 06:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home