Please Let Me Wonder

02 February 2006

I'm Loving It....

So, I lied about posting more pictures from Belgium yesterday, and didn't get any done this morning either. Our Internet was down here, forcing me to read my low tech book.

I ran some errands today. The bronchial tea that smells like black licorice ran out, so I went to the Apotheke (pharmacy in the U.S.) to get some more. It appears that in Austria, any medicine for cold, allergies, cough, etc is sold at an Apotheke where you have to ask the person at the counter for the specific medicine. You can't just go to a drug store and look up and down the aisles on your own for the medicine you need. This is difficult if you don't speak German well, and don't really know how to describe what you are looking for. For the tea, I simply brought along the old container and asked for more of it.

I also went to an English Bookstore because I'm getting to the end of my current book, I Am Charlotte Simmons, by Tom Wolfe. I picked up a paperback by Nick Hornby, About A Boy. The movie really struck a chord with me, and I'm hoping to get even more out of the book.

Finally, I went back to Leiner and bought a pillow. For the last week and a half, I've been using a pilowcase stuffed with two fleece pullovers, and it's just not quite comfy enough. Oh, the little luxuries...

After all that shopping, I was hungry, and felt like some American comfort food, and McDonald's was on the way home. Perfect. Well, as perfect as food from there can be. It's amazing how McDonald's can make their food taste the same in every single restaurant in the world.

My next post will be more pictures of Ghent. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home